[mythtvnz] xmltv

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Thu Sep 3 00:11:38 BST 2009

I have both DVB-T and DVB-S cards in my Myth box, and use Freeview only. I
have been happily using EIT data, but have noted comments that some people
have made about xmltv data being superior, so I have downloaded
tv_grab_nz-py and installed it. As far as I got was having it download
channels (not all Freeview channels were listed) and running
mythfilldatabase, but on first test no cards using this source would tune.

Before I go any further, can anyone advise on what makes the xmltv data a
superior solution to just using EIT?

Cheers,

James.