[mythtvnz] The Paradigm Shift

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Tue Oct 27 22:39:14 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 11:03 +1300, Barry Clearwater wrote:
> I would not be without Myth by choice anymore, but I have trouble
> agreeing with all the "works for me" people fully.

No need for you to agree with it, it works for me :)

> Has nobody ever seen myth jump back to a blue screen with something
> like "video not working" at the bottom?

Once in a blue moon though not for a while now.

> And nobody else ever had the annoying "Mythtv wants to record on this
> channel in 10 seconds... (Blah blah from memory and I *loosely*
> paraphrase) either answer yes or no to cancel the recording and we
> don't care if your not holding a keyboard, or go back to the main menu
> and try something else"

What would you like it to do, fail to record silently? And, if you have
a remote then you don't need a keyboard.

> And nobody else tried to switch cards and it didn't work?

A known issue with 0.21 and multirec.

> Brent is right about fixing bugs, I think we all get feature crazy
> (some other competing box out there?) and forget that not all things
> are fixed.

Patches. As has been mentioned in this thread elsewhere open source
developers work on what they want to when they want to.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier