[mythtvnz] The Paradigm Shift

David Zanetti dave2 at wetstring.net
Tue Oct 27 20:44:00 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 17:26 +1300, Brett Miller wrote:
> First must thank all who have made MythTV what it is...BUT let's stir up the
> nest...
>
> What watching LiveTV paradigm shift..it's a feature !
>
> Kind of funny how "LiveTV" has become the old paradigm just because it does
> not work properly.

I don't believe that it not working "properly" (note: properly is often
in MythTV a matter of opinion!) is the reason behind the shift. It takes
people a while, but eventually you stop consuming media as broadcast.
I've seen many people who aren't geeks come to that realisation given it
allows them to skip ads and to cherry pick in ways they didn't before.

Live TV does have problems, it's far too slow to change channels (or was
when I last tried it in 0.21), and seeking is a bit naff, but I'm also
of the opinion there are problems in the whole way MythTV structures
stream handling for all outputs.

I just lack the patches to fix it :)

--
David Zanetti <dave2 at wetstring.net>