[mythtvnz] The Paradigm Shift

Kelvin Smith kelvins at kelhome.dyndns.org
Tue Oct 27 19:30:45 GMT 2009

Sorry for the duffed reply.  Only getting digests, so cutting and
pasting out to make comment...

>>Again, works for me.
>I admit I can not use due to sound breakup, pause & record may work.

Works fine for me for the last 5 years as well on SD. I have been
running 0.21 with VDPAU patches, LATM etc (running on CentOS 5.2) for
the last month very well.  I did have sound breakup issues, but an
upgrade to Alsa (and recompile) resolved and now sound is rock solid.
What is your setup, and perhaps we can assist with your problem?

>>>Playback of an active recording using navigation (pause, FF etc)
should
>>>work.

>>Again, works for me.

>It just does not work, it screws up the current position & you can not
>navigate into parts of the recorded file.
>This has had displayed the same behaviour for all my experience of
>MythTV.
>Please try it inside of first half hour of the news.

If you are running 0.21 from JYA or roll-your-own VDPAU support with
0.21 then yes, you will get skipping issues with live-tv.  This is a
known fault.  In the same manner, the preview window in recorded TV pane
pauses as well with HD recorded programs (as not using VDPAU to
display).  0.21 with SD TV is rock solid - no issues - pause, skip,
rewind.  0.21 VDPAU back port was only a stop-gap measure until 0.22
arrives fully so was never touted as fully working.  I did see a patch
for 0.22 to address this issue (skipping) a couple of weeks ago.  As I
am happy with 0.21 with VDPAU I have not upgraded so could not tell you
if this resolves the issue or not.

>>You seem to think there is some sort of major problem with Live TV.
>>There isn't. There are certain setups or >situations where it doesn't
>>work as well as it could.

As explained above.

--
Kelvin Smith <kelvins at kelhome.dyndns.org>