[mythtvnz] General questions

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 03:16:44 BST 2009

Hi all,

Just was wondering a couple of things.

Is Mythtv suitable for commercial use (ie sold as part of a media
centre) or are there copyright or other legal infringements?

Has anyone been able to use the UPNP backend in Myth?  It shows up on my
Windows machine but I can't play anything back using WMP it just locks
up.  Also I seem to get several entries showing up for the same
recording.  Myth doesn't make use of UPNP does it?  Just wondering
because when you haven't set up the backend connection correctly you get
the error message that no UPNP backends were found.

Cheers
Ross