[mythtvnz] MythTV 0.22 and DVB-T channel scanning issues

James Styles jimmyoo0 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 16 23:19:42 BST 2009

> Under the scanner I selected full scan and New Zealand. This picked up all
> 3 multiplexes and the correct number of channels per multiplex, but only
> loaded the HD channels (TV One, TV 2, TV 3 and freeview hd) into the
> channel line up.
>
> The only way I could get these other SD channels to load was via direct
> SQL against the database. Once loaded they all tuned without issue.
>
> So has anyone else had issues with the DVB-T channel scanner on 0.22?
>
> Steve

Hi Steve,

I have got exactly the same problem see my thread below:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/397811

I thought my problem was just not enough signal strength as i only have about 75%, all the channels play ok under me-tv, but when i start me-tv i get like 200 errors of skipped frames when it locks on to each chanel and i assumed that myth tv could not handle this so wel and boosting the signal striength would elimnate this problem, mabe i assumed wrong,

Im happy to produce logs and stuff to help fix it if needed.

Also is there any good how to for inserting channels manualy into the database that you know of?

Thanks
James