[mythtvnz] Debating the ionitx - single or dual core?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Fri Oct 16 09:45:16 BST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:13 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Debating the ionitx - single or dual core?

> Is it a frontend only or a combined FE/BE? Can you just switch it off?

Just  FE. The difficulty is dragging ones self out of bed to flick the switch.

Nick

Why not switch off  / suspend to RAM using an IR remote power button?    Maybe linked to turn off the monitor / TV power also?  ( I
do not recall the display details in the post)  Also there is the timer function in the OSD menu however I've not tested it but
presume it powers off?

Some refs:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Customized_Remote_Control_Keys
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MythTV/Extras