[mythtvnz] Broken system :-(

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 10:19:54 BST 2009

Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 09:38 +0200, Kristian Haga Karstensen wrote:
>
>> The path-settings are set as "storage groups" in mythtv-setup.
>> I would think they were stored in the database
>>

> They are, as are all myth settings except how to access the database. In
> the storagegroup table - though you'll want to do this through
> mythtv-setup unless you really know what you're doing.
>
> hads

I thought I did know what I was doing ;-).  Thanks guys for the advice.
I did some searching and it seems that Myth is quite forgiving with the
storage directories.  If the path is in the storage groups table at all
it will be able to find the recording.  Turns out I didn't give all the
information.  I was too quick in my reinstall the other day to remember
to backup my database.  I had to use one that was a few days old and I
had removed quite a number of recordings.  Once I got rid of those again
I found that most of the recordings were there.

For ones that had been recorded after my backup I'm using
myth.rebuilddatabase.pl to try and import them.

Man I was really scratching my head to think what had gone wrong there!