No subject

Thu Nov 26 20:43:27 GMT 2009

You need a static IP on the SQL database server box.<br>
This IP can not be local loopback if you have multiple BE or FE on a
network working as one system.<br>
Only the local machine can see the SQL database if IP is local loopback.<br>
Could achieve static IP via setup in your DHCP server (PC box or
router/BB modem) by using MAC or name resolution tricks.<br>
(can allocate same IP for the matching MAC address which is fixed to
hardware or name)<br>
Ubuntu Gnome 9.04 does seem to allow static IP config via GUI so need
to...<br>
Or remove the DHCP client from Ubuntu (dhcp-client3 )&amp; edit the
"/etc/network/interfaces"&nbsp; file. <br>
Config DHCP server (if you have) to exclude the IP numbers you want to
allocate manually.<br>
May need to add DNS settings into /etc/resolv.conf<br>
There is a database procedure to complete when you want to change from
127.0.0.1 local-loopback to a real IP....&amp; before you run any
backend processes.<br>
This procedure stops your old records disappearing into the ether ??<br>
This procedure is documented on MythTv site.<br>
I changed BE IP addr, used above procedure (Mythtv database script)
&amp; did not lose any recordings only BE configuration.<br>