No subject

Thu Nov 26 20:43:27 GMT 2009

correct for my Mythbuntu install, so make sure you are putting it in the
proper scripts directory. After that was done all I had to do was delete my
existing screens and add new ones, at which time it allowed me to select
'wunderground' as a source.

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz
[mailto:mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of John Russell
Sent: Tuesday, 26 January 2010 8:19 p.m.
To: MythTV in NZ
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] MythWeather - how to get weather for nz cities?

On Sunday 24 Jan 2010 17:59:37 Kelvin Smith wrote:
> Well theres good and bad news.  I live in Palmerston North and can get
> weather for it.
>
> Ages ago, during the dev of mythweather-revamp, there was a wundergound
> script that would get data from weather underground.
> I have noticed that it has disappeared along with a couple of others as
> well.  This was most likely due to license infringement or similar.  I
> cannot locate a link on the internet any longer.
>
> Anyway, I have attached a copy of the files. extract into
> your /share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts directory
>
> Use at your own peril :-)

*sigh*
 unfortunately I have not been able to get this script to work.

The trouble is, Mythweather refuses to let me change from BBC-3day-XML to
any
other source.

In MythFrontEnd, when I go to Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> Info Centre
Settings
-> Weather Settings -> Source settings
the current source is selected (BBC-3day-XML). I've tried M, i, enter,
space,
r, d, etc but nothing will let me change the source to use these new scripts

(or any of the others in the .../mythweather/scripts directory).

I've tried deleting the 'Active' screen, but MythWeather refuses to let me
do
that - the 'Finish' button does nothing when there is no active screen.

So, any clues as to how I can fix this?

(BTW MythTV source via svn: 23237)

Thanks