[mythtvnz] segfault after upgrade

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 08:41:13 GMT 2009

Ross and Jemima Knudsen wrote:
> Ok new symptoms.  I tried updating to Karmic since most other people
> seemed to be on it using MythtTV 0.22.  After performing the upgrade
> and fiddling around I think I've managed to get it to work alright.
> Well it worked once ok.
>
> The problem now seems to be Karmic related.  I'm having trouble with
> DNS resolution which seems to be pretty widespread.  What seems to be
> happening is that the DNS requests are asking for IPv6 DNS addresses
> and most routers etc do not respond.  So any network application
> (Firefox, apt, etc) fails to resolve domains at all.  From what I
> could google there doesn't seem to be a fix for it yet.  Has anyone
> else had this problem?  I'm not sure if this affects myth or not but
> the backend keeps segfaulting and the systems keeps trying to respawn
> it (according to the logs).
Ok forget that I reverted back to Jaunty.  I'll wait and see if they get
that fixed before trying an upgrade.  Now I'm getting problems getting
everything working again.  I've managed to recover my database but I'm
having some trouble getting the nvidia driver working.  Going to the
nvidia config utility tells me that I'm not using it.  But then going to
hardware drivers it tells me that another version of this driver is in
use.  Packages installed are:

nvidia-190-kernel-source
nvidia-190-libvdpau
nvidia-190-modaliases