[mythtvnz] segfault after upgrade

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 23:12:27 GMT 2009

Ok new symptoms.  I tried updating to Karmic since most other people
seemed to be on it using MythtTV 0.22.  After performing the upgrade and
fiddling around I think I've managed to get it to work alright.  Well it
worked once ok.

The problem now seems to be Karmic related.  I'm having trouble with DNS
resolution which seems to be pretty widespread.  What seems to be
happening is that the DNS requests are asking for IPv6 DNS addresses and
most routers etc do not respond.  So any network application (Firefox,
apt, etc) fails to resolve domains at all.  From what I could google
there doesn't seem to be a fix for it yet.  Has anyone else had this
problem?  I'm not sure if this affects myth or not but the backend keeps
segfaulting and the systems keeps trying to respawn it (according to the
logs).