[mythtvnz] New XMLTV processor - xmltv-proc-nz

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Sun Nov 22 00:22:05 GMT 2009

Hadley Rich wrote:
>> Am I correct that, using listings-all.xml.gz as I do now, in a little
>> while, my MythTV 0.22 install will magically start having pretty
>> background images and better descriptions for recordings, because you
>> are matching them to theTVDB.com?
> Unfortunately no. The pretty background images are currently done by
> Jamu (details on the mythtv.org wiki) and doesn't have anything to do
> with listings data really.

Oh, that's unfortunate.  One of my friends uses Freeview Satellite and
pulls the EIT data from there -- he has had background images
automatically appear for some of his more popular shows.

The Jamu wiki page:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Jamu#Scheduled_and_Recorded
makes it sound as though you have to run a cron job to get the images --
any idea why it just worked for him?

Regards,

Aaron