[mythtvnz] New XMLTV processor - xmltv-proc-nz

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sat Nov 21 23:05:33 GMT 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-22 at 11:08 +1300, Aaron Whitehouse wrote:
> Sorry for being dense, Hadley, but I just want to nut out what exactly
> this does.

Of course, not dense at all.

> Am I correct that, using listings-all.xml.gz as I do now, in a little
> while, my MythTV 0.22 install will magically start having pretty
> background images and better descriptions for recordings, because you
> are matching them to theTVDB.com?

Unfortunately no. The pretty background images are currently done by
Jamu (details on the mythtv.org wiki) and doesn't have anything to do
with listings data really.

> Or am I going to have to start using your new proc script clientside?

I should be clearer with my posts I guess :)

xmltv-proc-nz, xmltv-join, epgsnoop and friends aren't needed for your
average user. I just mention them here for people that may want to
generate/process their own listings or look through the source etc.

For your average user tv_grab_nz-py is all you should need to worry
about.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier