[mythtvnz] New XMLTV processor - xmltv-proc-nz

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sat Nov 21 23:00:56 GMT 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-22 at 11:09 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> I see (the version I have anyway) tv_grab_nz-py downloads
> http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/listings-all.xml.gz . I assume I will get
> the benefits of your processor once you do the symlink thing? I assume
> I will also have to change my xmltvid's to the freeview.nz ones from
> the sky ones I seem to have in the database now.

Yep you've got it. I'll probably switch over the listings-all file in
the next week or two. I'll let the list know when.

The following SQL will do the update for you;

UPDATE channel SET xmltvid = 'tv1.freeviewnz.tv' WHERE xmltvid =
'tv1.sky.co.nz';
UPDATE channel SET xmltvid = 'tv2.freeviewnz.tv' WHERE xmltvid =
'tv2.sky.co.nz';
UPDATE channel SET xmltvid = 'tv3.freeviewnz.tv' WHERE xmltvid =
'tv3.sky.co.nz';
UPDATE channel SET xmltvid = 'c4.freeviewnz.tv' WHERE xmltvid =
'c4.sky.co.nz';
UPDATE channel SET xmltvid = 'prime.freeviewnz.tv' WHERE xmltvid =
'prime.sky.co.nz';

Up until now I've thought that the Sky listings for the main FTA
channels were better so I've used those. With the bit of processing I
think the Freeview listings are better so I'm switching to them. Of
course the Sky listings will still be there.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier