[mythtvnz] New XMLTV processor - xmltv-proc-nz

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 22:09:03 GMT 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Hadley Rich <hads at nice.net.nz> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 17:52 +1300, Hadley Rich wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I've just knocked up a little processor script called xmltv-proc-nz;
>>
>> http://www.nice.net.nz/xmltv-proc-nz
>
> I've created a new listings file called all.xml.gz which is a
> combination of listings-sky.xml.gz and freeview.xml.gz (which itself is
> processed from the freeview website).
>
> I'm using all.xml.gz myself now and have switched from the sky.co.nz
> XMLTVIDs to the freeviewnz.tv ones.
>
> I will likely move to symbolic linking listings-all.xml.gz to all.xml.gz
> in the near future as long as it works well for the next little while.
>
> I've uploaded a new version of xmltv-proc-nz with a few new features;
>
> * Temporarily cache TMDB lookups to be nicer to their servers.
> * Check and notify for updates to the script itself.
> * Don't add duplicate tags.
> * Replace description text for movies matched at TMDB.
> * Fix an error with the star-rating tags added.
> * Order XMLTV programme tags correctly for validation.
>
> I've also added a little script which I'm using to replace tv_cat;
>
> http://www.nice.net.nz/xmltv-join
>
> Reason being that tv_cat has loads of Perl dependencies I didn't have
> installed and it seems to be pretty CPU intensive and slow. This script
> has no dependencies (except Python) and is many times faster.

I see (the version I have anyway) tv_grab_nz-py downloads
http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/listings-all.xml.gz . I assume I will get
the benefits of your processor once you do the symlink thing? I assume
I will also have to change my xmltvid's to the freeview.nz ones from
the sky ones I seem to have in the database now.