[mythtvnz] AMD UVD2 support expected through VA-API

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Sat Nov 21 22:15:43 GMT 2009

Hello all,

This is fairly old news now, but I thought I would forward it on to
anyone who hadn't seen it:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_xvba_vaapi&num=1

It looks as though VA-API will be the way to get AMD/ATi's UVD2 support
in Gnu/Linux.

I understand that VDPAU can also be accessed through VA-API (through an
additional library) and that Intel is supporting VA-API as well.

Am I correct that currently MythTV supports (thanks to Jean-Yves) VDPAU,
but does not support VA-API?  Are there plans in the works to support
VA-API?

I wouldn't be surprised if this announcement was made before any drivers
were released to try and get applications to use VA-API before the
drivers.

Regards,

Aaron