[mythtvnz] New XMLTV processor - xmltv-proc-nz

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 01:18:52 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Hadley Rich <hads at nice.net.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 17:52 +1300, Hadley Rich wrote:
> > Currently it does subtitle replacements and the normalisation from;
> >
> > http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/title-replacements/
> >
> > but I plan on adding more to that as well as moving the category data
> > from epgsnoop to a web service as the above.
>
> I've just uploaded a new version with a new processor which augments any
> movies found with data from themoviedb. Currently it gets ratings,
> credits (director, actors and roles), runtime, release date and url.
>
> I've also added a new listings file;
>
> http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/freeview.xml.gz
>
> which is converted from the Freeview XML listings and processed with
> xmltv-proc-nz.
>
> This is probably the best Freeview data available now and I'll look at
> using this for the listings-all file going forward.

Is it worth doing something similar with TV shows? I know there is not
enough info to get the actual episode details, but I think I read somewhere
that some of the .22 themes can use art downloaded for videos in the Watch
Recording screen. Presumably it just needs the tvdb id to be attached to the
show?

Cheers,