[mythtvnz] CF card as system drive

Kenneth Dixon kenneth.b.dixon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 19:36:34 GMT 2009

I ordered a couple of these last week to do something similar
http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=436517
Silicon Power eSATA/USB SSD 8GB.
I was going to software RAID them to try and get some extra performance.
Seem to be good value at ~$55, claim 90MB/s read, but reviews suggest
closer to 60MB/s.
One peculiarity is that most esata ports don't provide power, so must
be powered by usb.
If you can wait till the weekend I will tell you how they perform.

Ken