[mythtvnz] Backend failed ...

Jim Cheetham jim at inode.co.nz
Fri Nov 13 03:45:10 GMT 2009

I've just noticed that my myth backend has failed ... and won't restart.

This is a Mythbuntu 8.10 machine, and I've not attempted to do any
upgrading on it ...

/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend start gives the following in
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log
2009-11-13 16:37:33.985 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: localhost
2009-11-13 16:37:33.989 The schema version of your existing database
is newer than this version of MythTV understands. Please ensure that
you have selected the proper database server or upgrade this and all
other frontends and backends to the same MythTV version and revision.

However mythfilldatabase seems to work normally, connecting to the DB
and doing some work.

I have had a disk crash recently, but it should have been hidden from
mysql by the raid setup.

Anyone have any hints for me? I'm going to be out of the house for the
weekend, but I'll have connectivity to keep poking at the machine
remotely ...

-jim