[mythtvnz] DVB multicasting

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Thu Nov 5 23:08:59 GMT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Friday, November 06, 2009 8:07 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] DVB multicasting

>> Any recommendations please, preferably with comments about the recommendations?
>>

> If you must insist on that godawful OE, see here:

Nick

I was taught to read the question and to answer the question asked.  (Interesting recommendation from a tertiary educated person)

I'd like to clarify the question was an open one with no insistence on anything, however I am interested in Linux based
recommendations.

FWIW my plan has been (for a long time) to change from OE when I can get reliable remote access to the client from remote default XP
machines (requirement outside my influence / control) .  At the moment I might be able to do this by {Remote XP Client} => {LAN XP
Client running VNC client} => {Ubuntu Variant / VNC Server / Email Client} however I'd prefer a direct hop instead of three hop
process.  (Note some remote XP PC's I have to use may not have the ability to install VNC client.)