[mythtvnz] MythTV, nVidia drivers 185.18.14...

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat May 30 10:45:34 BST 2009

Hi

2009/5/30 Aaron Drysdale <Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com>:
> Hi Jean-Yves,
>
> I have upgraded to 185.18.14 from your test repository, made sure I was up to date with everything from your release repository and removed composite disable from xorg.conf. Rebooted and checked driver was installed in nvidia-settings, then tried live tv. I get tearing.

That's surprising. I installed it on 3 machines and I have no tearing
with Composite on.

Before, with earlier driver, there wasn't any sync in the BLIT path...

Composite is required if you use some advanced 3D stuff and various
level of transparency

> Added back in composite disable, rebooted and now live tv is fine. I'm not at all woried about this - I never understood what composite disable actually did anyway since everything appears to work fine. But I thought I would just let you and others know. I'm using an EN8500GT Silent 512MB.

I found that switching channels with LiveTV is back to being rather
fast... seems like VDPAU playback got back to normal speed

Anyhow, great that it works for you and that you managed to find
nvidia-glx-185 :) it doesn't seem that obvious for some

Jean-Yves