[mythtvnz] VLC

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Sat May 30 07:05:59 BST 2009

Since upgrading my Mythbuntu system to 9.04 I have had  lots of problems
playing DVD's, specifically new ones that I have rented that are full of every
copy protection trick under the sun. The internal player and mplayer will not
play the discs, but I find that VLC generally will.

Two questions: Firstly, can anyone suggest why the internal player and mplayer
might not be able to handle these discs, but VLC can, and secondly, if I have
to use VLC can anyone suggest the best command line settings for launching
from Myth?

Cheers.