[mythtvnz] Xmltv NZ configuration in Mythtv

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Tue May 26 08:23:29 BST 2009

Hi Aaron,

This will be my first post to try and help someone. Its time to give
back. I've tried setting cron jobs manually and not had a lot of luck so
often I would end up not recording something because I ran out of guide!
But the settings to automatically update seem to be built into MythTv.

If you go to Setup > General > Mythfilldatabase tab you can check the
box which enables all the options. My settings are:
program: /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase
arguments:
log path:
run frequency: 1
execution start: 1
execution end: 23
deselect run grabber at time specified by the grabber

Basically the biggest help was understanding that MythTv will try and
run the grabber between the hours specified in execution start and
execution end (in my case between 1am and 11pm, the widest range I
trusted). It seems to have worked once so far for me.

Rossco