[mythtvnz] Xmltv NZ configuration in Mythtv

Aaron Drysdale Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com
Tue May 26 01:22:05 BST 2009

Hi,

Following advice from this mailing list last week, I downloaded a python
script, installed XMLTV and configured my Mythtv backend to use xmltv
data to populate the EPG. Once it was all installed and configured, I
thought it would then download new Xml data automatically to keep 7 days
of EPG, however last night when I checked I found that the guide hadn't
updated since I installed it.

I tried running mythfilldatabase manually from a terminal window, and
sure enough it downloaded new data and updated the guide.

So, do I need to created a cron task to do this automatically? Or, is
something in my configuration of this in the Myth backend broken? If I
need setup a task to do this, should I run mythfilldatabase, or the
python script itself?

Many thanks

Aaron