[mythtvnz] Nova-T 500 working with Freeview HD

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Thu May 21 06:08:54 BST 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 4:49 pm, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Aaron Drysdale
> <Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com> wrote:
>> Bugger!!
>>
>> What kind of splitter? Where from?
>
> Anywhere, DSE etc have them. See DSE and search for L4036 (2 way) or
> L4223 (4 way)

Be careful using all ports power pass splitters with Sky STBs. I've had
issues where too much power is going upto the LNB.

I generally use the powerpass port on the Sky STB and the other ports for
MythTV.

Also it looks like the technisat skystar2 cards put out a lot more power
than other DVB-S cards.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz