[mythtvnz] taskbar visible whilst Mythfrontend running

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat May 16 03:01:04 BST 2009

Hi

2009/5/15 Ross and Jemima Knudsen <ross.jemima at gmail.com>:

> So what you're saying is that if I have Compiz enabled at all I'm going
> to get tearing as you helped me get VDPAU running?  And hence that I
> should disable it?  Whats the easiest way of doing that?  Removing
> compiz in Synaptic?

your mileage may vary... I have compiz installed on mine with the
legacy fullscreen mode enabled and composite disabled and I don't see
much problems.

But I'm never using the desktop except under very special condition,
so if there's an issue I'm never going to see it.

To disable compiz you just go in the desktop/display settings and you
disable the advanced graphical effects. There's no need to uninstall
anything

I'd say if it works fine for you and you don't notice anything, leave
it as it is