[mythtvnz] DVB-T HD picture quality VDPAU issue?

Aaron Drysdale Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com
Sun May 10 23:41:57 BST 2009

I have a similar problem I think. I have a one-box frontend/backend with Ubuntu 8.10 and JYA’s repositories installed – however I’m just running SD on a Nova-S card.

Playback looks fine, but with non-VDPAU playback profile the CPU usage is up around 50-60%, while before I installed JYA’s repositories I was getting around 10%. This is on a quad core processor, and I’m estimating average CPU usage across all 4 cores. nVidia 8500GT graphics card.

With a VDPAU playback profile enabled, the CPU usage is still very high (~ 40%), and live TV looks good but “hiccups” every few minutes. That is, it pauses briefly then continues.

Do you think this is the same problem? If it is, then note I’m on DVB-S not DVB-T.

Regards

Aaron