[mythtvnz] VDPAU package can be removed?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu May 7 11:31:53 BST 2009

Hi

2009/5/7 Aaron Drysdale <Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com>:
> I turned off GPU Scaling in the nVidia xserver settings. This got rid of the 50 51 52 Hz refresh rates, however now the only refresh rates that show up are 60Hz. How can I figure out what the available refrsh rates and timings are, so I can put the correct timings in xorg.conf?

No GPU scaling can't make 50,51 and 52 disappeared. It only prevent
the refresh being always 60Hz no matter what you choose.

For what timing to use if you want to set it manually, refer to my
with Sony TV

> You talk about the nvidia-settings program - is this a command line util that returns the timings from the EDID? Is there some other way of getting the timings from the EDID of my tv?

no

nvidia-settings let you play with the driver configuration. It comes
with the nvidia driver packages... And should be automatically
installed.
If not, the package name is nvidia-settings :)