[mythtvnz] VDPAU package can be removed?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu May 7 02:53:37 BST 2009

Hi

2009/5/7 Aaron Drysdale <Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com>:
> Thanks for the info. Knowing I can easily roll back (of sorts) gives me
> confidence to give it a go.

Yes, it's very easy to roll back.

My packages are based on the Ubuntu one, so they use the same
structure and are compatible with one another.

> And I'm not using VDPAU yet, and I do have OpenGL sync enabled, but
> still having this problem with the video tearing. I do have the nVidia
> 185.18.4 beta driver installed. Perhaps I should try the released
> (180.51?) driver first and see whether that solves the problem.

Actually, with 185.X drivers, it's supposed to fix tearing issues
(related to vertical sync) with VDPAU.

Now why you would experience tearing has a lot to do with what video
renderer you are using.. If you're using Xv, make sure XV v-sync is
activated in nvidia-settings.

If OpenGL , make sure OpenGL vsync is active too.

Finally, my vdpau packages also add new OpenGL hardware accelerated
deinterlacer... So if you're not happy with the VDPAU deinterlacer,
you can try the new opengl one . Though, it's hard not to like the
vdpau deinterlacer, IMO they are the best with mythtv