[mythtvnz] Todays silly question - Telstra cable?

banksie at paradise.net.nz banksie at paradise.net.nz
Wed May 6 03:41:42 BST 2009

Quoting Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com>:

> Is there anything "in the clear" (ie unencrypted) on telstra clear
> cable?

   The analog free to air channels are unscrambled. So TV1, TV2, TV3, C4, Prime
and Maori can be pulled off their system. This is likely to close once they
fully transition to digital only TV. (I currently have an analog receiver from
them and am in no hurry to change it.) I am using an ATi TVWonder 550 under
Windows to receive it and it works pretty well.

> I imagine analogue would be picked up by a PVR-150 but digital would
> require a DVB-C card?

   I imagine so, I'd love to hear about this myself because soon or later
Telstra will be going all digital and my current analog system will be useless.
So I'd like to get a heads up on what I will need longer term...

Philip