[mythtvnz] DVB-T HD picture quality with NOVA-T

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Mon May 4 05:04:30 BST 2009

> Can you please advise what signal strength you have and also what video
> card you are using.

I get ~ 60-70% signal strength. I found it more objective to use dvbtune to
figure out my signal issues:
dvbtune -f 570000 -gi 16 -cr 3_4 -tm 8 -m

Can't remember what all the options mean right now (just dug through my bash
history) but the big number is obviously the multiplex frequency. I used
this while setting up my new antenna and it helped a lot. I get about 37500
in the signal column and usually zero in the others. I find that on a rainy
day the huge bamboo stand between me an Waiatarua fills up with water and my
error rates go up. Picked up a few grey hairs figuring that one out.

I'm on a Asus 8500GT Silent G84 512MB which is borderline OK for VDPAU.