[mythtvnz] DVB-T HD picture quality with NOVA-T

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Mon May 4 03:39:26 BST 2009

> I was hoping that others using the NOVA-T 500 could advise their
> experience, I am wondering if I am chasing something that is not possible.
> On the other hand if someone is getting pixelation free HD pictures using
> the NOVA-T 500 I would love to hear about your hardware and settings.

I just have the one FE/BE machine:

Mythbuntu 8.10 + JYA release repo
1x Nova-T 500
Sempron LE-1200 (2.1Ghz)
2GB RAM
Asus 8500GT Silent G84 512MB

I have a single VDPAU playback profile and get the best results with
Temporal 2x.

I used to have the problems with A) fast movement pixellation on TV1 & TV2,
and B) occasional crashes on TV3, however I upgraded to a 43EL UHF antenna
and RG6 and they all but vanished.

One of the most recent releases from JYA (a-la audio buffering) has also
fixed what I would call chunky playback on C4. I've just spent the weekend
catching up a months worth of previously unwatchable Battlestar Galactica.

Jonathan