[mythtvnz] Upgrade for Freeview HD

Simon Green simon at simongreen.name
Sun May 3 23:56:07 BST 2009

2009/5/4 Steve V <olivuts at yahoo.com>:
> A little off topic Simon, but I was wondering how good your HD system plays.
> I have a very similar system NOVA -T 500 with ASUS Mobo with built in VDPAU
> capable. My system gives bad pixelation whenever the picture pans or if
> there is high speed motion covering a large proportion of the screen. It is
> worst on TV1 and TV2 much less of a problem on TV3 and almost non existent
> on the Freeview demo channel 100.

I'm in Australia, which uses MPEG2 instead of MPEG4, but my HD picture
quality is excellent. Had to tinker with the de-interlacer settings a
bit to decide which one offered the best quality though. I haven't
noticed any pixelation problems with my system.

> My signal strength is around 53% on all channels with no masthead amplifier,
> if I add a masthead amplifier I get signal strength of 72% but it makes no
> difference to this problem. I get no bit errors.

My signal strength is usually in the fifties percent too.

  -- simon