[mythtvnz] Upgrade for Freeview HD

Simon Green simon at simongreen.name
Sun May 3 10:38:03 BST 2009

2009/5/3 Tim Stonehouse <tim.stonehouse at gmail.com>:
> Simon,
> Thanks for the info.
> Can you tell me the spec of the system running your Nova-T?
> I'm trying to gauge how much CPU power is needed to record and play back.
> As I mentioned, I've the 350 for the TVout and therefore there is
> little power needed.

I'm using VDPAU, so any new machine will be able to handle the load,
as the display is handled by the GPU. Since you will be using the CPU
for video processing, you millage will vary. For the record my
hardware is:

AMD Athlon 64 5200+AM2 Processor Retail Dual Core AM2
Antec NSK2480B Solution Series MicroATX Desktop Case Black
Asus M3N78-VM AM2+ GF8200 5200MT DDR2 PCIEx16 RAID GbLAN mATX
Kingston DDR2 4(2x2G)PC6400 800Mhz - KVR800D2N6K2/4G

  -- simon