[mythtvnz] FW: Minimum CPU for FreeviewHD

Geoff mythtv at jagds.com
Sun May 3 04:11:48 BST 2009

Hi,

I'm using CPU only on 2 machines, both with Nova T-500's
1st is a Core2 e7200 (2.54Ghz)
2nd is a Core e8400 (3.0Ghz)

Playback is configure as follows

1	CPU+   TV2,TV3,TV8

Rez >= 1344 730 & <= 1920 1088 ffmpeg
Decoder = Standard
Renderer = XVMC-blit
Deinterlacer = One field, One Field
2xCPU
NO loop filter

2	CPU+  TV1

Rez <= 1280 720 & >= 1152 712 ffmpeg
Decoder = Standard
Renderer = XVMC-blit
Deinterlacer = NONE, NONE
2xCPU

3	CPU+ Standard Def Content

Rez <=720 576 & >=0 0 ffmpeg & XVideo
Decoder = Standard
Renderer = XV-blit
Deinterlacer = yadif 2x, yadif
2xCPU
Yes loop filter

I thought I could get away with having the loop filter on for TV1 on the
3Ghz box, but just isn't quite enough depending on the bit rate of the
stream that coming in. It's fine with it off.
Also had to switch off the commercial detection, as if you're recording
something and watching another channel, it would cause big frame drops on
live TV while the detection was running.

Regards
Geoff