[mythtvnz] HDHomerun - VLC on Linux - Yes - well sort of!

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Mon Mar 30 20:15:16 BST 2009

On 30/03/2009, at 11:49 PM, Tortise wrote:

> Steven
>
> Re CPU I was quoting from http://www.silicondust.com/products/hdhomerun_dvbt
>   I expect you are correct.

> Out of interest what signal strength and quality are you testing with?

My office has somewhat lower signal strength due to additional
splitters, but around 62/59 as shown here
http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/images/hdhomerun/linux_gui.jpg

The only picture break up I tend to see is down to the CPU, or if i'm
streaming over a wireless network.

Steve

> I've moved my unit up to the top of the antennae tree here to now
> get 100% strength and 85-87% quality.  It probably improves things
> a little, the issues continue, just less so.  Video breaks on TV1 do
> not seem associated with any appreciable S/Q % reduction's
> outside the minor variation that occurs, instead they do seem to be
> associated with major video scene changes.  TV1 is curiously and
> currently displaying better than C4.  I look forward to running up a
> VDPAU box.
>
> Kind regards
> David

Steven Ellis - Technical Director