[mythtvnz] favorite filesystem for large media drives?

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Fri Mar 27 09:20:20 GMT 2009

On Friday 27 March 2009 22:08:26 Jim Tittsler wrote:
> What is the current favorite for the filesystem for a large media drive
> on a MythTV backend?

I'm sure you'll get a lot of personal preferences, here's mine. I use JFS on
all my data partitions and ext3 on my boot partitions. It's worked well for me
for quite some time so I don't see a reason to change right now.

XFS is also popular in myth circles - I've no personal experience myself. I
hear ext4 works well, I guess you'd be classed as an early adopter at this
stage.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealands Open Source Hardware Supplier