[mythtvnz] test tv card

Aaron Pelly apelly at monkeymasters.co.nz
Fri Mar 20 07:31:08 GMT 2009

> bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of Steven Ellis
> Sent: Friday, 20 March 2009 7:47 p.m.
> > Januty 2.6.28-11
>
> Ooo Living in the bleeding edge

Dancing on it!

> First take a look at dvbscan, or scan from the dvb-utils package. This
> should be able to scan for DVB-S and DVB-T transmissions.

Great. Exactly what I was after.

> Once you have a valid scan file then a current version of mplayer or xine
> should be able to tune and play most channels.

mplayer even manages to v-sync at the moment, but that could break again at any
time.

> You could also take a look at the following two guides for mythtv,
> although some details are myPVR specific
>
> http://support.openmedia.co.nz/mypvr/?page_id=23
> http://support.openmedia.co.nz/mypvr/?page_id=24

Found them this afternoon actually. I am suspicious of an LNB setup issue. You
provided a clue.

Actually, this particular card has never been used. I bought it a while ago to
set up mythtv, but am only just getting around to it now. I mention this
because neither kradio nor gnomeradio can tune the radio. I mention THAT in
case it jogs someone's memory about a broken card. I do have some others I
could swap in, but without a bigger clue about the problem there are too many
other, easier, candidates for fiddling.

Aaron.