[mythtvnz] MythTV and PopcornHour A-110

Jim Cheetham jim at inode.co.nz
Mon Mar 16 01:55:26 GMT 2009

Hi, I have a new MythTV 0.21 install (mythbuntu), which seems to be
working fine (perhaps because I haven't tried to do anything too
difficult with it yet?) I have a preliminary high WAF rating, due to a
couple of specific programs I've already managed to catch :-)

My eee701 makes a pretty much perfect frontend, even over my wireless
network it performs really well. This increases WAF, because it's her
computer, and for once things work better on her machine than they do
on mine!

However, I also have a Popcorn Hour A-110 device, which is hooked up
to the main TV. That has three ways of talking to the Myth backend,
Samba, NFS and what looks like uPnP. Unfortunately, each method has
different successes and failures, and none of them are completely
successful.

So I'm asking around to see if anyone else has a Popcorn Hour, and is
able to get it working well with Myth ...

Over Samba, I can see all my data, but when I try to browse for movies
in the correct directory, "no content found"

Over NFS, I can browse the recordings directory and play the mpgs in
there. However, I can't play the mythrename.pl'd links in the
directory next to it. Perhaps because they are symlinks?

Over uPnP, I can see and browse all the titles, well organised. I just
can't play any of them : "no content found"

Any hints or success stories welcome :-)

-jim