[mythtvnz] MythTV 0.21 and VDPAU

David Zanetti dave2 at wetstring.net
Wed Mar 11 23:34:47 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 20:51 +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> I just thing the 8400gs isn't powerful enough for what you want to do
> and Temporal 2X ; I'm even surprised you're actually getting something
> watchable with Temporal 2X and a 8400gs.
>
> I personally use a 9400GT, and while it can't do Advanced 2X ;
> Advanced 1X gives very good result. And I certainly don't get any more
> crashes that I do without VDPAU...

Be aware there's two variants of the 8400 GS. One is based on the G86
core, and the other is based on the G98 core. The G98 core is actually
better supported and more capable at HD acceleration than any other core
currently available, including your 9400GT.

If you read the README with the Nvidia drivers, you'll see there's full
acceleration on a G98 core where the other cores only provide partial.

--
David Zanetti <dave2 at wetstring.net>
http://hairy.geek.nz/