[mythtvnz] MythTV 0.21 and VDPAU

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Mar 11 10:34:21 GMT 2009

On 11/03/2009, at 11:20 PM, Guy Gibson wrote:

> Steven Im running a very similar system to you, same MB, same CPU 2G
> RAM but with a Nova500T card and a 9400GT card.
>
> I've been running a similar profile to you as well, just using
> Temporal 1x and TV3 (1080i) has been good, only the occasional block
> or band of pixilation.  729p content (TV2 Touchwood last night)
> would produce shuddering in rapidly panning shots (almost as if it
> was discarding frames as it couldn't keep up)  Im outputting to a
> plasma at 720p btw.
> I've not had any crashes in the last  3 -4 days I am seeing the same
> pre buffering pause errors as you.
>
> Haven't tried temporal 2x lately

I'll have a try with temporal 1x, but has anyone else had stability
issues with LiveTV.

One of the first stress tests I do is rapid channel changing as it is
one of the first things customers do with a new myPVR. If it can't
survive 5-10 minutes of rapid channel changing then i'm looking at a
very unhappy customer.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz