[mythtvnz] Managing a PLUS1 channel in the EPG

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 03:40:27 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz> wrote:

> Any thoughts on best practise to handle a PLUS1 channel now that TV3 PLUS1
> is due to start at the end of the month.
>
> It will need to be a distinct callsign as the epg data is different from
> TV3, but how should scheduling be managed.
>
> For example I might be happy to record "Prison Break" off TV3 or TV3 PLUS1
> so I'd select find once a week on any channel. Now if Sky are showing it
> things start to break.
>
> Shame there doesn't appear to a way to link a group of channels together
> into a single virtual channel to allow for these timeshift versions.
>
> Also I wonder if the official PVR's are going to handle series linking
> correctly across TV3 and TV3 PLUS1.

I am not sure what Plus1 is, or is supposed to acheive. So I look it
up and google finds me:

"MEDIAWORKS TV TO LAUNCH +1 CHANNEL ON FREEVIEW

MediaWorks TV is to launch its first Freeview exclusive channel in
March 2009. The format will be a +1 channel, providing all of TV3’s
content on a one-hour delayed basis.

When the +1 service was launched on the Freeview platform in the UK,
the channels proved among the most popular, as they give viewers the
opportunity to see top rating programming at an alternate time, rather
than programming aimed strictly at a niche audience.

With the launch of +1, Freeview viewers will have an option as to when
they do their viewing. 3 NEWS will be available at 7pm well as at its
normal time of 6 pm on TV3. Daytime serial drama watchers who can’t
watch Home and Away at 5:30pm now have the option of watching it at
6:30pm on +1."

What about if you choose to record "Prison Break" at any time on any
channel as long as its off your freeview capture device and let the
scheduler work out which one to get?