[mythtvnz] Managing a PLUS1 channel in the EPG

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Mar 11 02:59:53 GMT 2009

Any thoughts on best practise to handle a PLUS1 channel now that TV3 PLUS1
is due to start at the end of the month.

It will need to be a distinct callsign as the epg data is different from
TV3, but how should scheduling be managed.

For example I might be happy to record "Prison Break" off TV3 or TV3 PLUS1
so I'd select find once a week on any channel. Now if Sky are showing it
things start to break.

Shame there doesn't appear to a way to link a group of channels together
into a single virtual channel to allow for these timeshift versions.

Also I wonder if the official PVR's are going to handle series linking
correctly across TV3 and TV3 PLUS1.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz