[mythtvnz] MythTV upgrade, bleeding code, ready for tester

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 05:39:45 BST 2009

Hi

2009/6/27 Ross and Jemima Knudsen <ross.jemima at gmail.com>:
> What I did was run the command.  Went to try and view live TV and it
> went blank for a few seconds before the 'error was encountered' screen
> appeared.  I then immediately exited Myth.

You have this error:
/var/lib/mythtv/recordings/1004_20090627152851.mpg

few possibilities here:

mythbackend isn't running as the same user running mythfrontend and
that user doesn't have the permissions to read mythtv recordings

Your frontend machine is running on a different machine than the
backend and you aren't streaming from the backend and the recordings
directory isn't mounted on the frontend.

I would put my bets on a permission problems.