[mythtvnz] MythTV upgrade, bleeding code, ready for tester

Aaron Drysdale Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com
Thu Jun 25 02:10:17 BST 2009

>I think he's saying he's just not releasing the ffmpeg update (i.e.
what he was going to call 0.21.5), I don't think he's planning on taking
>down the VDPAU backport repository.

I realize that, but in order to get it working reliably I've had to make
some compromises. The 720p channels just don't work properly currently,
so I have set it up to view live tv off my dvb-s tuner, so always
watching live TV in SD. Then I configured channel priorities in the
backend to ensure that recording on TV1 and TV2 (720p) preferred SD,
while all other channels preferred the HD tuner.

A bit of a hack, but it gives me a stable system. From Jean-Yves
comments, I thought all of this "messiness" would be done away with, and
I would be able to view all channels using my Nova-T 500, and enjoy HD
across all channels. So close...