[mythtvnz] MythTV upgrade, bleeding code, ready for tester

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 02:01:22 BST 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Aaron Drysdale <
Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com> wrote:

>   >If your willing to test bleeding edge stuff for JYA, why not  run
> trunk?
>
>  First, I was waiting for it to hit “testing” not “bleeding” :) But fair
> comment. I tried once to build from trunk. Managed to check it out, but had
> compiler errors that I just didn’t know how to correct.

 Fair enough. I run Gentoo so I'm kind of used to building stuff from
source.

> And it needs to be fairly robust enough that my wife and kids can use it
> with some degree of confidence, which so far JYA’s repo has given me.

I think he's saying he's just not releasing the ffmpeg update (i.e. what he
was going to call 0.21.5), I don't think he's planning on taking down the
VDPAU backport repository.

Cheers,