[mythtvnz] MythTV upgrade, bleeding code, ready for tester

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 01:13:20 BST 2009

Hi

2009/6/24 Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com>:
> Short answer: "by associating your backport|fork|patch farm with our project
> you are introducing new bugs and generating a lot of support requests which
> distracts the devs from the real work of finishing 0.22"

Note that this is coming from a non-developer who somehow believes he is ...

I later got email from devs saying that this person does not represent
their view or themselves in any ways ...

Regarding an intrepid build, the bleeding repository contains several
packages that you may not want to install like Alsa 1.0.18 and 1.0.19.
Pretty much all the packages I needed to get my hardware working...
So updating using bleeding on intrepid will require some caution ...

Jean-Yves