[mythtvnz] MythTV upgrade, bleeding code, ready for tester

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 23:24:11 BST 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Aaron Drysdale <
Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I will happily test this once its available on Intrepid. It sounds like
> it addresses a number of problems I'm having, and I'm already running
> out of your test repository. Nothing ventured, nothing gained in my
> opinion.
>
> Out of curiosity, why would anyone flame you for doing this? Or am I
> better off not asking?

Probably better off not asking, and I don't want to generate a lot of
debate. Here is but an example:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/382941#382941

Short answer: "by associating your backport|fork|patch farm with our project
you are introducing new bugs and generating a lot of support requests which
distracts the devs from the real work of finishing 0.22"

Please, its not a view I subscribe to, I applaud JYA's efforts, but no I am
not interested in a long debate about it on this list.

Thanks.
NR