[mythtvnz] File System for RAID-5

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Tue Jun 16 00:54:29 BST 2009

I'm starting to lean towards RAID1 or RAID10. There is one thing that I am
not clear on with RAID1, maybe someone can help me here.

I understand the RAID is created out of partitions, as opposed to physical
drives. Does this mean I can divide 3 x HDD's into 6 equal partitions, and
then set up a RAID-1 solution that mirrors each partition on another
partition that resides on a separate physical drive? ie I don't need an even
number of disks for a mirrored system? If so, how does adding in more disks
work?